process your personal data at
8A Jacknell Road
Dodwells Bridge Industrial Estate
and how we protect your privacy. We won’t let you down!
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as
your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this
might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in.
We do that in order to:
● remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each
● monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to
● let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at
● remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
● control that your data is processed securely.
We call the information mentioned above “essential information” and we collect it through the
web browser and then reads the information collected through the cookies every time the user
(first-party cookies), we could not provide you with the smooth experience that you expect while
you are navigating.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully
process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as
your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use
your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your
order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you
finalize your purchase with the payment.
You can sign up for an account if you’d like. This will make us happy because it confirms your
interest in our store. It should also make you happy because we will remember your information
and, when you decide to buy our products, you do not have to provide all of your information over
again -- you just have to log-in. Before registering your account, we will ask you to expressly
account. We also you the possibility to easily withdraw your consent and delete your account. Just
connect with us at the contact details below:
8A Jacknell Road
Dodwells Bridge Industrial Estate
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may
have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to
remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind,
we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop
sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you
bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can
share your opinion with other customers.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the
page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you
clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the
“essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The
information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you
relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that
we allow you to blockWhat are cookies?
Cookies are the confusingly adorably named tiny text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely (but anonymously) identify your browser or device. They are unable to search your computer in any way, cannot introduce viruses to your computer and contain no personal identifying information about you (basically they are nothing to be afraid of).
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used by sites or services when they wants to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. These cookies on your computer or device can then be used to help remember your preferences (such as language), help you navigate between pages efficiently, and generally improve your browsing experience.
Cookies can also be used for online advertising – by aggregating the very basic information cookies gather, informed guesses can be made about your demographic and ads targeted to you thusly. Or more simply – if you go to a site about watches, it may drop a cookie on your computer, so the next sites you go to will then contain ads about watches.
What types of cookies does The Online Advertising Guide use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” The Online Advertising Guide routinely uses three of these types of cookie: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” and “Targeting.”
Here is some information about each cookie category:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around The Online Advertising Guide and use its features. For example – the cookie to say you have/have not allowed cookies to be used on this site.
2. Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used The Online Advertising Guide, for example Google Analytics, which is used to track basic user behaviour on this site so we can try and improve our users experience.
3. Targeting Cookies. Our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than The Online Advertising Guide. This information may be shared with organizations outside The Online Advertising Guide, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
4. Functionality Cookies. The Online Advertising Guide do not use this type of cookies, but just so you know: these cookies allow sites/services to remember how you’re logged in, when you logged in or out, and possibly anything you’ve done on a site while logged in. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The amount of time a cookie stays on your device is variable: the majority of cookies expire after the end of your browsing session– others persist for longer. In online advertising you can generally expect most advertising cookies to last about one month at most (although again it varies).
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to The Online Advertising Guide, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our site. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for The Online Advertising Guide, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
We will only contact you with order information. Unless you register and allow us to contact you with news letters and special offers
Other uses of personal data
We only share your information with our shipping and drop shipping partners
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce . BigCommerce is based in the US and
is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class
service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the
official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
11305 Four Points Drive / Building II, Third Floor / Austin, TX 78726
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the
most competitive services. For example:
Linnwiorks a platform participating in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework is used to process customer orders and to store order information
● Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with
requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited
companies to process your credit card information. Paypal, Paymentsense are used to process card payments
● Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders. Royal Mail, DPD Local and Hermes
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best:
selling great products.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the
Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honoured to enforce
without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on
your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact
details above. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security
investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons.
Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it. Invoice and purchase details etc.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal
obligations. tax reasons or fraud detection
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
You can contact our Data Privacy Leader here:
Mr P Martyres
Do you need to lodge a complaint?
If you have any privacy complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory
obligation, we will publish the new version on our website, and we will make it clear on our home
page www.tentspares.co.uk so it will be visible as you enter our store.